We are seeking a collaborative and creative landscape architect or designer.
Are you passionate about helping communities grow, develop, redevelop, and preserve natural systems? Do you want to help craft innovative design and planning solutions that lead to improving the physical, social, environmental, and economic health of a neighborhood, downtown, community, or region? Do you want to work in an environment that places a high value on collaboration with other landscape architects, urban designers, planners, civil engineers, economists, and other leaders? If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team.
We are currently seeking an entry-level landscape architect or designer with 0-5 years of professional experience. This position will participate in all stages of project development including master planning, conceptual/schematic design, design development, construction documentation, and construction administration. We’re seeking a landscape architect who will collaborate with landscape architecture, planning, and urban design professionals in a project team setting on a wide variety of municipal, institutional, and commercial planning and design projects. Specific responsibilities will include assisting project teams with the production of AutoCAD construction documents and details; preparation of conceptual site design plans, illustrations, and 3D visualizations; preparing quantity take-offs and cost estimates; assisting project managers with client meeting materials and presentation boards; and participation in public outreach and community engagement.
This position provides an opportunity to gain exposure to a broad range of responsibilities required of a professional landscape architect and presents an opportunity for advancement as a project manager at the firm. The position requires strong organizational skills, excellent customer service rapport, and will require the application of energy and creativity to unique projects.
A Day in a Life of an Entry Level Landscape Architect : Collaboration. Innovation. Connection. Stewardship.
As an Entry-Level Landscape Architect, you will assist the project manager and project team in support of management and completion of multiple projects of varying size and complexity. The work entails working closely with the project team to research various aspects of a project; developing conceptual plans, graphics, illustrations, and presentations; participating in public engagement and client/design team meetings (both in-person and online); assisting in the production of construction documents; and conducting field reviews of projects under construction. You will also gain a variety of exposure to the firm’s design and planning practice by providing support to many different project teams at REA.
Our landscape architecture group works on a wide range of projects, at a variety of scales, across the Midwest region and the U.S. Our award-winning work includes parks and cultural landscapes; public spaces and urban plazas; streetscapes and multimodal corridors; and university, institutional, and corporate campuses. Our work serves as a source of pride and inspiration to residents and users. We insist on excellence in all aspects of a project: ideation, craftmanship, and performance. As collaborators and partners, we listen to understand. We believe that when all stakeholders contribute, we can create more equitable and sustainable communities. Each team member’s unique experience strengthens a firmwide culture that embraces and celebrates all people and perspectives. We believe that interdisciplinary collaboration advances our work and the communities we serve. Our landscape architecture, urban design, and planning practices work together to incorporate both innovative design and sound policy in every project.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program
- 0 to 5 years of experience in the Landscape Architecture field
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Technical competence with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Office 365, SketchUp software
- Proficiency with Civil3D, Revit, and rendering programs such as Lumion is a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to design, planning, and improving local communities
- Broad knowledge base in landscape architecture and urban design, along with specific knowledge and/or interest in urban environments, bicycle and pedestrian planning and design, campus environments, sustainable design, low impact site development, and innovative management practices
- Commitment to sustainable design and transportation, design for active living, and working on collaborative and dynamic multidisciplinary teams
- Interest in becoming a LEED Accredited Professional and/or a Registered Landscape Architect are preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits (health/dental/vision insurance, life and disability insurance, parental leave, PTO, financial assistance towards licensure and continuing education, 401K plan with company match)
- Flexibility in the workplace and your schedule, including ability to work from home 1-2 days a week
- Opportunities for professional development through internal and external trainings, mentorship and professional associations
- Ability to work from our offices in Indianapolis,IN and Louisville, KY
- We are also open to remote work arrangements
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered as a potential candidate for this position, please send an email with a cover letter stating your interest and qualifications, a resume, work samples, and contact information for three references. All materials should bein PDF format and the total size of all files should not exceed 9MB. REA is committed to diversity, inclusivity, and collaboration. We encourage those from underrepresented communities (women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, and those with disabilities) to apply. REA is an equal opportunity employer (EO/AA/VEV/Disabled employer). Email responses to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.