We are seeking a talented, creative, and collaborative Civil Engineer/EIT.
Are you interested in finding creative infrastructure solutions for unique urban designs? Are you passionate about providing transportation solutions for all modes of transport? Do you want to assist communities in creating durable/long lasting designs that focus on creating landmark spaces with an eye on future development and expansion? Do you want to work in a collaborative environment with landscape architects, planners, designers, economists, and community leaders? Do you want to grow a civil engineering department in a well-established design company?
If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team.
We are currently seeking an experienced, full-time civil engineer with 2-5 years of professional experience. This individual will work with an experienced multidisciplined professional engineer to deliver infrastructure designs for transportation, planning, and landscape architecture projects. The department’s direction and emphasis will be shaped by this individual’s professional interests and values. We are seeking a civil engineer who will work to grow the department with their strong written, analytical, and organizational skills.
A day in the life of a civil engineer:
Collaborative. Detailed. Creative. Problem-Solving.
As a Civil Engineer/EIT, you will assist the project team in the technical details of infrastructure design on multiple projects of varying size and complexity. At REA collaboration starts at initial project concept; the engineering department provides the technical expertise and guidance to ensure the conceptual designs are grounded on a solid foundation. REA’s unique projects challenge the engineering department to look beyond the standard details and be creative. The engineering department’s work is a balance between providing solid infrastructure and thinking beyond the standards to create something new.
Our team works on a wide range of projects, at a variety of scales, across the Midwest region and the U.S. Our award-winning work includes parks and cultural landscapes; public spaces and urban plazas; streetscapes and multimodal corridors; and university, institutional, and corporate campuses. Our work serves as a source of pride and inspiration to residents and users. We insist on excellence in all aspects of a project: ideation, craftmanship, and performance. As collaborators and partners, we listen to understand. We believe that when all stakeholders contribute, we can create more equitable and sustainable communities. Each team member’s unique experience strengthens a firmwide culture that embraces and celebrates all people and perspectives. We believe that interdisciplinary collaboration advances our work and the communities we serve. Our landscape architecture, urban design, engineering and planning practices work together to incorporate both innovative design and sound policy in every project.
- Complete projects with clear, specified objectives and limited variables
- Provide value-oriented design suggestions
- Perform administrative duties associated with project management for civil/site projects
- Work independently on small projects or assist more-senior engineers on larger projects
- Assist the Senior Engineer with site studies, site designs, and graphic presentations
- Work closely with project managers to complete variety of civil design tasks
- Perform routine engineering assignments requiring application of standard techniques and procedures
- Produce site demolition plans, grading & drainage plans, utility plans, storm & sewer plans & profiles, and erosion control plans & details
- Calculate quantities to be used in construction estimates, determine earthwork volumes (cuts and fills) based on existing and proposed topography, and identify appropriate construction control systems on plans (i.e., baselines, stationing, control points, etc.)
- Review drawings and documents to assure compliance with company design and production standards
- Assist with and perform tasks required for obtaining the necessary permits for projects including CGSP, CIF, grading, sewer, and drainage
- Perform site inspections to verify compliance with plans and specifications
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related Engineering discipline
- 2-5 years of experience in site civil design and related infrastructure projects
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D; Bluebeam/Adobe; Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word; and Construction Management Software
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Well organized and a high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion
- Must be self-motivated, collaborative and possess strong leadership skills with an initiative to deliver high quality, technically sound civil site designs
- Experience designing the following type of projects:
- Sanitary Sewers
- Storm Sewers
- Stormwater Design
- Site Plan Development
- Minor Roadway Projects
- Registered PE or goal/ability to achieve PE
- Previous experience with an architectural/engineering consulting firm is desired
Salary and Benefits: REA offers competitive salaries and benefits. Salary for this position is dependent on qualifications. Our benefits package includes health/dental/vision insurance, life and disability insurance, paid time off, financial assistance towards continuing education, and a 401K retirement plan that is matched by the company.
How to Apply: If you would like to be considered as a potential candidate for this position, please send an email with a cover letter stating your interest and qualifications, a resume, work experience, and contact information for three references; all materials should be in PDF format and the total size of all files should not exceed 9MB. REA is an equal opportunity employer (EO/AA/VEV/Disabled employer) and encourages women and minorities to apply for this position. Email responses to: email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls, please.